Monday, March 30, 2009

Fireproof


This weekend I watched Fireproof with Parker & his parents. It is SO, SO, SO good! It was made by the same church that made Facing the Giants. If you're not familiar with these movies, they were made by an awesome church and they rocked the charts of Hollywood, you should check them out. Fireproof is about a fireman named Caleb Holt (played by Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains anyone?), the only professional, established actor in the whole movie) who fights to save his marriage after his dad gives him a book called The Love Dare. While it certainly has a Christian basis, I think it's a good movie for anyone to watch. I think everyone who has thought about getting married, is getting married, or has gotten married should watch this! It's so good! It just might make my Top 5 list! Maybe even my Top 3!

There is also some great websites for the movie and for "Fireproofing your Marriage." They have resources for married, remarried, dating, and engaged couples! Even if your relationship isn't on the rocks, they have really good resources for just strengthening your love. My favorite is The Love Dare - it's the book Caleb's dad gives him in the movie, and it is sold in stores. You can look at a sample here (at the bottom). Oh gosh guys - it's so good! Seriously, check it out.

The movie plays on the fireman analogy, saying things like "Never leave your partner behind" and "Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes, you will be able to withstand it." It also talks about marriage as a covenant instead of a contract. I think this movie is more relevant to society than Facing the Giants - 1 of 2 marriages end in divorce! Definitely, definitely watch it!

I thought I'd include a movie trailor to get you interested! Don't forget to pause the music at the bottom of my blog! Enjoy!

No comments: