Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Time

Remember this post from way back in April? The one where I made a short list of the things I wanted to do this summer. Well, since I'm moving to Chapel Hill to my new apartment on Saturday, let's recap and see how I did.
  1. Read Pride & Prejudice - Check! I did and it was wonderful!
  2. Get a tan! - Check! Well, it's not that great, but it's good enough.
  3. Go to bed on time! - Check! I did a pretty good job of that...
  4. Finish my Grandma’s stocking that I started for her … for Christmas (ahem… last Christmas) - Minus! I did work on it and get a lot done though!
  5. Scrapbook – Minus! Not even close...

I mean what can I say? It's been a busy summer!

I cleaned out my room, and did all the stuff in this post... (You know, Candice's Bridesmaid's weekend at the beach, Parker's graduation, Teaching Fellows Escapades (3 to be exact), Candice's wedding shower, family vacation, the wedding...) AND my Grandma Sue passed away and my mom's cancer came back. I threw my dad a surprise 50th birthday party and spent time with Parker's side of the family. So I've been busy busy busy!

However, it has been such a great summer! And, the best part is, just because I'm moving, doesn't mean summer is over yet! There are still some great things in store... you'll just have to wait and see!!

-----------

Please pray for us - my mom goes to the doctor tomorrow to hear about her body scan results (to see if cancer is anywhere else in her body) AND to start the preventative treatment.

laura ann

No comments: