Thursday, April 23, 2009

Random Rambles No. 1

Man, (if I was a politically correct person, I would say "person" since "Man" is exclusive and all...) after finishing my paper at 3 am last night (yes, I know I should start on it sooner, but hello? I haven’t had time to work on it because of the other 1,023,423,497 things I’ve had to do), I was utterly exhausted! If I had it my way, I’d be in bed by 10:30 every night (yes, I know I’m in college, but I’m okay with being a loser), a girl needs her beauty sleep, right?

Anyways…
I actually woke up pretty well rested and went to class… though I considered turning in my paper and heading back to bed, I really wanted to do the Professor/Course evaluation for that class, but that’s a post for another day. Though I was feeling pretty rested, I was in quite the feisty mood today (in case you haven't already noticed).

For example, some guy in the quad was passing out pamphlets this morning. This is not unusual, but I really hate when people force you to take something that you’re going to throw away… I mean, just save a tree already. The guy prefaced the pamphlet with “Don’t you care enough to stop violence?” Okay, sure, I care about stopping violence, I’ll accept your little pamphlet thingy. Pause. It’s a pamphlet about becoming vegan. Hmm... nope, don’t care that much.

Fast forward to later… my friend Brittany and I were heading to pick up some lunch when vegan guy interrupts us. No I don’t want another one of your pamphlets about vegans and slaughter houses. I did not kill the animal, I simply ate an already cooked, dead animal… just like you are passing out paper that's on an already cut down tree. Besides, why let a good, cooked chicken go to waste when there are starving people in Africa? I’m sure they don’t think that eating chicken is violent. “Don’t you care enough to stop violence” Brittany and I: “NO!” And we proceed to Chick-fil-a. Seriously… we ate chicken nuggets.

**Just to defend myself, I really have nothing against vegans. I think it’s a noteworthy lifestyle, and I’m all for it if you want to do it, but it is definitely not for me.

Then, as I was walking into the restroom before class, I noticed that the sign said “Women’s Toilet.” Oh, just one toilet? I mean, really, who chose that sign? In fact, the restroom has several stalls, probably fifteen or more. With a toilet in each. As I was leaving, I saw across from me, “Men’s Toilet” Ha! Too bad they didn’t put "Urinal." Then, the following thought crossed my mind: These signs don’t even have Braille! Why I thought that I have no idea – it always bothers me when room signs have Braille because really? how would a blind person know that there was a sign there in the first place? Don’t believe me? – check it out sometime, you’ll see. But anyways – this thought alone tells me that I OBVIOUSLY need to get more sleep – I’m thinking off the wall thoughts. And with that said… I’m off to bed! (I just rhymed. In case you didn’t notice haha)

laura ann

No comments: