Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Redeemer Lives!

Glory to God! Happy Resurrection Sunday!

“He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.” - Matthew 28:6

I had a wonderful weekend at the river with Parker’s side of the family. Unfortunately, we totally missed the Sunrise Service on the river – apparently, they decided to make it a “First Light” service and we watched the sunrise on the way back to the river house. Nonetheless, it was beautiful. I loved spending time with Abi and Cody!

Oh, funny story! Yesterday, Abi and I were putting together a big ABC floor puzzle and after we finished it, we were pointing at and saying each letter. I’d point and she’d say the letter and it went something like this: A, B, C, D, E, F, G [Good job Abi!], H, I, J, K [right!], L, ‘em-nen-en-a’ Haha! Duh, “M” is totally short for “em-nen-en-a.” I mean, that is how the song goes… haha!

Yesterday, Abi played in her pool (brr!) and Cody fished on the pier. Candice and Jacob cleaned fish (yuck!). Last night Candice, Jacob, Martha Lynn, Preston, Parker, and I played Taboo – I regret to say the boys won :(

Here are a few pics from the weekend… (Look at that precious curly blonde hair!)





Anyways, I read Mckmama’s post today and just wanted to comment. She is SO right – Truth is not relative. Truth is truth. I don’t buy into the whole “I can believe what works for me and you can believe what works for you” thing. There is only one truth. Politically correctness, open-mindedness, tolerance, etc. – psh posh. If what I believe to be true is Christ died for my sins and was risen from the dead, and someone else believes that there is no God and no eternal life, only one can be true. I’ll take my chances. I know that my Redeemer lives!

No comments: