Friday, April 10, 2009

"Numb from her toes down..."

I have 3 things that are totally unrelated and since I cannot come up with a nifty way to connect them, I'll just have to be unoriginal and scatter-brained. So without further ado...

I have GREAT NEWS! My mom had her 3 month checkup scan and everything remains stable! No changes = no cancer! Woot woot! Praise God! We are thrilled, but not surprised, for He is the Great Physician!

---------------------------

I'm home for the day hanging out with mom and doing some stuff on my never ending To Do List. Tomorrow, Parker and I are heading to the river for the weekend with his WHOLE family - Preston, Martha Lynn, and the kids, Candice, Jacob, Ms. Lydia, & Mr. Jack. I'm SO excited to see Cody and Abi ("the kids") I haven't seen them in FOREVER! We're going to a sunrise service on Easter morning, which I've never done before so I'm pretty excited.

"And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head. And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him. And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet." Matthew 27:28-31, 35

---------------------------

Totally unrelated - but I came across this and thought it was hilarious! Actual sentences found in a patient's medical charts (as posted by my friend Chelsea - Thanks Chels!)

  • Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
  • On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.
  • The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
  • The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
  • Discharge status: Alive but without permission.
  • The patient refused autopsy.
  • The patient has no previous history of suicides.
  • She is numb from her toes down.
  • While in ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.
  • The skin was moist and dry.
  • Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.
  • Patient was alert and unresponsive.
  • Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
  • She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got a divorce.
  • The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
  • Skin: somewhat pale but present.
  • Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

Hope you got a kick out of these!

God bless!

PS. I did update the verse for Bible Verse Wednesday (yes, I did it on Wednesday night late, but on Wednesday...) I love this verse!

No comments: