Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wedding Wednesday!!

Update #2: I'm taking down this week's poll because it's going crazy and I don't know how to fix it.  So if you'd like to vote (please do) just leave me a comment!

Update: Apparently this week's poll isn't working for some people... If you want, you can vote by leaving your choice in the comment section at the bottom.  Thanks for the heads up Patrice! :)

Welcome back to Wedding Wednesday!  So glad to have you this week!  We're down to the less-than-a-year mark finally, so now it's time to get going!  I know that a year seems like all the time in the world, but if there is one thing I've learned it is that things come up.  So I'd rather get it done and relax than put it off and stress.  (If only my philosophy about school work was the same... sigh)  So I was thinking about table cloths this week and realized I needed to see how many tables I needed before I could decide how many table cloths to get.  That launched a task that was way too anal retentive, even for me - a floor plan.  The reception venue included a floor plan in the package they gave us - complete with dimensions, table sizes, and scale... you can tell they've done this a time or two.  I know that 10 people can sit at a table, so I need about 20 tables.  I also need a place for the DJ, a dance floor, finger food, and gift/guestbook/favors.  So I created a floor plan (or three). 

Option 1:  Option one has the DJ on stage, the cake by the kitchen door, and a clear area for dancing.  When we talked with our DJ, who has done the Shrine Club before, he said he prefers being on ground level (as in, not on the stage) because its easier to interact with the dance floor.  So there's that issue.  And, I'm not sure I like alienating the guests who sit on the far right side of the room...

----------------------------------------------
Option 2:  I like option two a lot because there is a clear, huge dance area.  Also, when guests walk in, they'll see the cake and the finger food (to eat while we're taking pictures).  Tables are by the DJ, but they are the reserved tables (for the wedding party) who will hopefully be up and dancing/mingling anyways.  There is room to get in/out of the kitchen door so the servers will not be crowded. However, the favors/gifts/guestbook table is hidden against the back wall... :-\

---------------------------------------
Option 3:  Option three is cool because the DJ is not on the stage, the guests see the cake, reserved tables, etc. when they enter, and there is a open middle area for the dance floor.  The kitchen door is also not crowded.  However, the finger food is hidden against the back wall and the DJ is really close to the tables.

What do you think?  Which one do you like best - vote in this week's poll! I need your help! :) Then, once you help me with that, could you tell me what you think about table cloth colors?  Here's the thing - there are white walls, white floors, white chair covers, brown metal chairs... I mean its very plain.  You can refresh your memory here.  I'm a bit concerned about adding white table cloths to the mix.  I'm thinking mix of black, white, and blue.  I don't want to spend a ton of money on table cloths though, so I was thinking about using only a few fancy blue ones and the rest plain black and white.  I am so open to changing my mind though - so what are your ideas??

Also, does anyone know where to find inexpensive 120" round table cloths??  That would be helpful too!

As for last week's poll results, I was SHOCKED.  STUNNED.  Artificial bouquets won overwhelmingly against real bouquets. 15-6.  Ok, maybe that's not overwhelming, but wow.  I concur.  ;)

Up next week, see how my bridesmaid bouquets turned out.  Yes, I already did 3 out of the 5 of them.  Can't wait to show you!

Don't forget to vote on a floor plan.

P.S.  In case you thought designing a floor plan is anal retentive... apparently more people are like me than I thought.  See this: Google Images.   Well that makes me feel better.  :)
laura ann

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like #2 floor plan.

Patrice said...

Not sure your poll is working, but I vote #2 also.

Amanda said...

I'm torn between 2 and 3... But I do know that my vote is not for 1 :)

Amanda said...

Catie says option 2

Preston said...

i say none of the above i think that you should have the dj across from the stage on the floor in the middle. Dance floor by the Bar window and have the finger food by the kitchen door for easy access. Gifts on the left of the finger food and tables on the far left near the stage with the head table. Bride groom and parents ON the stage so everyone can see you guys that is the biggest down fall of all receptions nobody knows exactly where the groom and bride are supposed to sit. Think about it and let me know what you think.