Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This is the day that the Lord has made...

...Rejoice and be glad in it! --Psalm 118:24--

This morning was rough, I'm not going to lie. Mom's hair started falling out in clumps. Big clumps. I am exhausted and emotional. We cried and we are sad.

I went to work upset, but God sent me exactly what I needed... A good laugh.

You see, a 90-year-old lady came in with one of her legs wrapped in bandages like a mummy. One of my co-workers said "Good gracious! What'd you get yourself into?"

The lady replied, "Well, I was playing football" So, Jennifer said, "Did you win?"

The lady replied with complete seriousness, "Girl, I always win."

After she paid for her medicine and left. While we were all laughing about her bold personality (she about talked our ears off...), she came back in. This time she was with another lady who had been outside on the phone. The sweet little old lady said "I'm going to pay for this young woman's medicine, how much does it cost?" Turns out, the young woman didn't have any money to pay for her medicine and the 90-year-old woman had struck up a conversation with her outside the store (not suprisingly). While we were getting her medicine ready, the old lady was talking to the young woman about God and forgiveness. She was telling her to pray for guidance and put all her worries on the Lord. She paid for the medicine and they went their separate ways.

So, thanks God for reminding me of your love for us through awesome people like the woman in the pharmacy today.

---------------------

You probably won't hear from me for a few days as the big weekend has come! I'm going to Raleigh tomorrow night for Candice's Bachelorette Party. Friday we have the Bridesmaid's Luncheon and the Rehearsal Dinner, and Saturday is the big day for Candice & Jacob -- my "brother-in-law" and "sister-in-law" except, they aren't lawfully in-laws yet, haha! So that's where I'll be and don't worry - I'll post some pictures when I get back!
laura ann

No comments: