Friday, August 20, 2010

Five Question Friday

I've been seeing this blog carnival for a while now, but I always seem to forget about it until after it's over.  This week I remembered, so here it is!







1. Do you have any nicknames and if so how did they come about?
When I was little my dad called me Peanut & my mom called me Fred.  I have no clue about the origins of those nicknames, but when I was about 4 or 5 years old, my parents thought it was a good idea for me to have bangs.  That was their first mistake... the second mistake came when Mom thought it would be a good idea to trim my bangs herself... using scotch tape as a guide.  Well, long story short - the tape was crooked a couple times and I ended up with centimeter long bangs.  It was then that my neighbor and family friend gave me the nickname "Laurason" (pronounced Laura-sahn). True story.  You can't make that stuff up.  And so began my hatred for bangs... & a terribly embarrassing nickname.

2. What is the birth order amongst your siblings?
I am the eldest and my brother is about 10 years younger than I am.  My parents always say that if Weston came first, he would have been an only child.  I guess my parents kind of have 2 only children since there's such a big gap between us.  Anyways, you know the saying that the 1st child is like the father, the 2nd is like the mother, and the 3rd is like the mother & father's relationship?  Well that is definitely true for us.  :)

3. In a movie of your life, who would play your significant other?
Matthew McConaughey!  He reminds me of Parker... and he is um... you know...!   Whew!  :)  Moving on...

4. What is currently your favorite song?
Ooo, tough one.  "Carolina In My Mind" by James Taylor would be #1.  Close behind would be "Let It Be" by the Beatles, "Your Hands" by JJ Heller, "Be Thou My Vision"... oh man the list could go on and on, so I'll stop now.

5. Are you saving your money for anything right now? Big or small purchase?
The question should be what am I not saving money for right now.  Let's see... we're saving for house stuff, graduate school, wedding bands, honeymoon, house stuff, house stuff, and... house stuff (including but not limited to... furniture, paint, hardware, and appliances).
laura ann

No comments: