Monday, February 1, 2010

I walked uphill, in the snow, both ways...

When I have kids and they complain about going to school, I will tell them, "Look, when I was in school, I walked uphill in the snow, both ways!"  Remember last year?

My journey started with these two helpful men clearing off my car so I could drive to Chapel Hill.  Luckily the main roads weren't so bad.  Am I lucky to have such good men in my life or what?


This morning, UNC decided to oh so generously give us a 2 hour delay (sarcasm people, sarcasm).  Luckily, by 10, the sidewalks looked like this:
Oh you can't see the sidewalk?  I thought it was just me.  Fortunately, it was packed tight enough to be somewhat solid ice.  I mean, what would we have done if UNC had not decided to wait until a "safer" hour of the morning.

And thank goodness all the roads had been scraped.  And since the buses couldn't stop in the middle of a hill, thank goodness they reminded us to walk to the nearest stop where the bus could safely come to a stop.  I'm glad the Chapel Hill transit realized that the buses couldn't operate on full routes/schedules - though I'm sure UNC felt that they could.

Oh, freezing rain tomorrow should be fun.  No snow ball fights this year, that ice ain't budgin'!
laura ann

No comments: