Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011, You're lookin' mighty fine!

Welcome 2011, the year of our marriage, the end of school, and getting a job!  So far, I like you!

Let's take a moment to reflect on 2010.

In January, I began my last semester of undergrad, which turned out to be a wonderful semester.  It snowed several times, and that provided challenging conditions in my commute to the bus stop and class.  I turned 21 in February, making me realize that timing is flying!  In March, UNC fortunately (or unfortunately?) made it to the NIT and it snowed some more.  The month of April was a busy one in that I wrecked my sweet little gray Camry (well... a guy wrecked my Camry when he ran me off the road), and Parker bought our first home.  I also caught my first shark and saw the Harlem Globe Trotters play.  In May, I graduated from UNC with a BA in history and we got to work on our condo starting with the kitchen.  Our dear friend Charlotte got married that month also!  In June, I left my awesome college job at the pharmacy for graduate school at UNC and we finally finished our kitchen!  July was a laid back month starting at the river for the 4th, and continuing with some more wedding planning.  August started sad when my sweet friend & roomate Lauren moved to Virginia, but ended on a high note when Parker & I celebrated our 7th dating anniversary.  We also went to the Winterville Watermelon Festival for the first time in a few years.  September had its ups and downs too because Mom's brain tumors grew & she faced more treatment.  Parker & I had our engagement pictures taken at the Jolly family farm and I found out that I'd be working at Chapel Hill High School.  In October, we tackled our living room and registered for wedding gifts at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.  November was a fun family time because Weston's baseball team won the Top Gun World Series & Parker & I celebrated the beginning of UNC's new basketball season at the Barton v. Carolina game.  Finally, December was a time of food, family, and fellowship over the holidays.  Parker & I decorated for Christmas for the first time, continued our Christmas Light Tour tradition, and rang in the New Year with the Morgans!

Now... in pictures.
laura ann

No comments: