Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas with the Morgans & the Cases

I'm sure anyone who has ever gotten married knows this, but figuring out how to mesh two families' traditions AND start your own is tough!  This Christmas, Parker and I spent a lot of time with friends and family!  It was fantastic and I loved every minute of it.

On Christmas Eve Eve (or, as I learned that night, "Christmas Adam," because Adam came before Eve, get it?), we dined with Parker's family.  We had ham, collards, green beans, macaroni and cheese, cornbread, and french fries - along with some delicious deserts!

I love Candice's and Abi's face in that picture!  It was their response to Mrs. Lydia opening a purple & gold pocketbook, haha!
Parker's brothers in their new hats with LED lights.
Parker playing with Cody & Abi.

Then, since Jacob & Candice were in town, we had a lupper (between lunch and supper) with them and Parker's parents on Christmas Eve.  Afterwards, Parker & I opened gifts at our condo and went to the Christmas Eve service at church with both our families.  That night, we had dinner with my parents and Weston - ham, green beans, and macaroni and cheese (sound familiar?).

On Christmas morning, I did Santa gifts with my family and Parker went over to his parents for breakfast.  I don't have any pictures of that sadly.  Then we went to my Aunt Kay's house for lunch with my mom's side of the family.  We started a new tradition of playing Dirty Santa and it was quite entertaining!  I forgot to take pictures over there too, but don't worry we had some delicious food there too!

Then, on Christmas night, we went to my Grandma's for dinner with my dad's side of the family.  There are 5 kids under the age of 4, so as you can imagine it is CRAZY and FUN!  Here's my mom with a fort of presents surrounding her...

And my Grandma who is just too cute for words!  We got her some knee boots for Christmas...

This lady is 75 and too hip for her own good!  She was tickled to death about her boots that she "can wear to church because Lola Haddock (name changed) wears her boots to church and she's older than me" HAHA!  Yes, this lady has 5 great-grandchildren! Can you believe that?  Wow.


Here's the youngest baby! 

Merry Christmas from the Cases!

... and the soon-to-be Morgans. :)  Just wanted to throw that in there!

We're wrapping up Christmas this weekend with Parker's mom's side of the family!  It should be fun, can't wait!
laura ann

No comments: