Monday, September 13, 2010

Hang on...

...for a whirlwind of a post.  I'll go with list form...

1. I [finally] got my teaching placement!  I'll be teaching Civics & Economics at Chapel Hill High School.  That's all I know so far.  I emailed my mentor teacher, but I haven't heard from her yet, so I don't know the class schedule, whether its standard/honors, what I get to do...  I'll keep you updated.

2. My laptop died.  Well, not really.  The screen died though - as in it doesn't work at all.  So now I have the desktop computer that I had in my room at home.  The monitor is a square, so I can't see anything but the white on my blog.  After all that work... I can only see the white.  Ugh.

3. Because my laptop screen stopped working... I can't access anything on my laptop, i.e. the wedding budget, guests list, any notes from class, all my pictures, etc. I'm taking it to ITS this week when I have some time and I hope they can help me out.  Fortunately, I emailed the budget and guests list to my parents a few weeks ago, and most of the important pictures are on my blog.

4. Candice & Jacob let us borrow Grey's Anatomy seasons 1, 2, and 3.  I never watched Grey's before last season... I kind of resented it because I was an ER girl.  But, I watched it and fell in love with it.  Now I just can't get enough.

5. School is going really good.  I have less work in graduate school than I did in undergraduate school.  So far, so good.  I'm sure that is subject to change.  Clearly I have enough on my To Do List to keep me busy... hence the terrible dry spell my blog is suffering.

6. This weekend I painted the trim in the living room and dining area at the condo and it looks SO GOOD if I do say so myself.  It was stained wood, now its shiny white.  I also did a second coat on the kitchen cabinets finally, and it also looks SO GOOD.  We put in the new cabinet pulls and they look SO GOOD.  Now we just need hinges.  And white appliances.  And white outlet covers.  And a bunch of other things... but we are making progress.  Parker has a "Honey Please Do List" like a mile long this week... but I think it's a fair exchange seeing that he went to the ECU game while I stayed at home and painted :)  Sweet man of mine.

7. Mom is having Gamma Knife next Tuesday!

Seven seems like a good number to stop at...  Don't ya think?
laura ann

No comments: