Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Proposal

Parker & I had planned to go to the beach with his family for Labor Day, so on Saturday afternoon, we drove down to the beach. I thought this was going to be a normal weekend, especially since I had no idea that Parker had the ring and had asked my dad for permission to marry me.

So, we got to the beach and Mrs. Lydia said that Jacob & Candice had gone down to walk on the beach. Parker called Jacob to say that we were there, and Jacob told him that he and Candice had seen a man catch a shark and we should come down and see it... or so I thought. Mrs. Lydia even said "Here, take my camera to take a picture of the shark." So we start walking down to the beach and it dawned on me how ridiculous it was that a man had caught a shark on the beach. I asked Parker about it, and he smoothly replied, "Jacob's caught sharks before" but I thought, "That was when the Triple S pier was there." Parker just shrugged and said "We'll see."

Meanwhile.... Jacob,

And Candice,
were getting ready for us to come down. Candice wrote a message in the sand for us and then they hid behind the dunes...


[hahaha] They did see dolphins while they were waiting for us!

So we walked down the beach, looking for Candice & Jacob, and the shark. The thought crossed my mind, "What if he is going to propose?" but I dismissed the idea because I didn't want to be disappointed if he didn't. So we walked...

Then, Parker bent down to pick up something in the sand, and when he bent down I saw Jacob, in a bright purple shirt (they had been to the ECU game) hiding in the dunes. I started giggling because I knew what was going on.

So, we kept on walking... and walking... and we never found the message they wrote for us. So finally, Parker just wrote in the sand, "Will you marry me?" and got down on one knee and proposed. (This is the original message that Candice showed us after the fact)


Of course, I said yes and we laughed and hugged.

And Candice came running out of the brush with a camera to take pictures and give us hugs.

And I kept laughing about the shark. So cute! :) I love it!

And, I love my ring. It is so gorgeous and I can't stop looking at it!

And I am crazy excited to marry my best friend!!!

Apparently, Parker asked my dad on Tuesday if he could have permission to marry me. My dad replied, "Yeah, that'll be fine." So much like my Dad!

We went back to the condo and of course Parker's parents knew he was going to propose and they were excited. I called my mom (3 times) before I got in touch with her and she was so excited that she cried, and then yelled at my Dad for not telling her. [haha]

I can't believe it! We're finally engaged!
laura ann

No comments: