Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reception Music


Welcome back to Wedding Wednesday!  Yes, I know it's Thursday, but I've been so busy!!  A couple weeks ago we discussed ceremony music, so it is only fitting that we talk about reception music.  Parker & I met with a potential DJ last week, and he gave us a great list of "First Dance" songs.  It is so hard to decide on songs!  I don't really want a sappy country song and we're not really booty dancing people... we like to shag, slow dance, salsa... you know, real dancing - not what all those young folks do these days HAHA.  We want to do something Grandma won't have a heart attack over - so Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" will not do.  :)  "At Last" by Etta James seems appropriate, because it's pretty much how I'll feel after waiting 7 and half years to dance with Parker as his wife.  Decisions, decisions!!

We've narrowed the DJ down to two - one has a big local reputation, we like him, but his price is a little high and we've heard a few negative reviews (along with a lot of great ones).  The other is the right price, less-known, and comes with great recommendations... but we we have a few reservations after meeting with him.  Tough choice.

Fortunately, one thing we do know is what kind of music we want.  :) 

That brings me to this weeks poll question - what kind of music do you like to hear at wedding receptions??

Last week's poll results show that most of you think seating arrangements are okay, but not for you.  A few of you "hate 'em" and one loner "loves 'em."  I say "loner" only because I know who it was and I want to pick on her... LOVE YOU LBC!!
laura ann

1 comment:

Steven & Kimberly said...

I love the song, "At Last." Instead of having it played at our reception, we actually had it start playing when the pastor said, "I now present Mr. and Mrs. Bockmann" after the wedding ceremony. We wanted something different and not cliche to walk back down the aisle as husband and wife...and just like you, we felt like that song appropriately summed up what we were feeling getting married after 6 years of dating. :-)