Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Patience


“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

It has been so clear to me lately that God is trying to teach me patience. I am not good at waiting. I like to get things organized, make a plan, and get things done. I am definitely a planner. (A list maker and a planner.) The problem with that is forgetting to make sure that my plan matches God’s plan.

What is so frustrating is repeatedly “hearing” not yet when I’ve done everything right. Waiting, waiting, waiting…, and not liking the person I become when I am impatient. When other people get what they are waiting for, after making rash decisions, through sinful means, etc. and I wait and wait and wait and am rewarded with a test in (more) patience... it stinks and it feels unfair! But, as a best friend (ahem...Katherine) reminded me once, when God finally agrees the timing is right to carry out His plan, it’ll be that much sweeter because I’ll know that I did it the right way.

God’s timing is perfect. His plans are perfect and because of this, each day I wait is for my own good. Even though I don’t always want to see that and I go through emotional roller coasters because of it… in the end, it will all be well because God pieced every part of His plan together perfectly with a loving heart and caring hands.

Ok, in case you need to read it one more time: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

So obviously this post was more for me than for you (as a reminder and an attempt to put things in perspective for myself), but I hope you can take it as a challenge to notice what God is trying to teach you right now!
laura ann
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28
...just for good measure :)

No comments: