Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December!

Well this morning I woke up with what I think is the beginning of another cold.  Then I got ready and couldn't find my keys.  They were in my pocketbook - What were they doing in there?  Then I missed the bus and didn't make it to class this morning. [Pauses to blow nose.] I mean considering all this and all that I have to do before next week, I'm in a really great mood.  Since I didn't make it to class, I can manage to fit in a blog post into my cuh-razy life.  Yay!

Oh, did I mention that I spent Thanksgiving night in the emergency room with a "food born bacteria infection."  Oh yeah, that was fun.  IV fluids + no sleep + well, you know... = not a good night.

It's really a shame that universities have to ruin this time of year by giving students more work than they can possibly do without giving up sleep and/or the Christmas spirit.  Note to self: Don't be that kind of teacher.

Want to hear something funny?  The English MAT folks were complaining about the unit plans they have to turn in - 10 whole lessons and 4-5 pages of description/explanation.  Hilarious... ha ha he he ho ha... oh my side hurts...  Maybe they shouldn't complain to the Social Studies MATers who have not complained and have twice as many lessons and pages of description/explanation.  We love you guys, but we feel no sympathy.

If you're reading this as if I'm complaining and Ms. Negative Nancy, you obviously haven't heard my sarcasm :)  I'm actually in a decent mood - it takes a lot for me to be in a bad mood usually.  I have developed into a gal who rolls with the punches - Is that the phrase? I have no idea if I said that right.

And oh gosh - have you seen Carolina basketball this year?  Ugh... not again.  All of the fans are cringing at our tough start... yet we still have a winning season.  Oh Carolina.  And ESPN... I know you have a "secret" love for Duke and Coach K, but if I have to watch another game with you blabbing on and on about how awesome they are... I will... um... I'll.... MUTE YOU.  Take that.

I'm doing a research paper on the Tweed Ring.  I know, the excitement in my life is just too much for you to handle.  I found out that Tweed's name was not William Marcy Tweed.  I felt so betrayed.  It was actually William Magear Tweed.  Yeah, I know you feel more complete now with that information.

Thanksgiving day marked 7 months out for the wedding.  I got home Sunday and looked at the To Do List and was like "What?  I have a wedding to plan?"  I'll be giving an update soon, along with some awesome vendors reviews.

Well, that's all I can muster up for now.  I've got to run catch the next bus!  Talk to you next time.
laura ann

No comments: