Monday, November 8, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Hello sweet friends!

I hope you had a terrific weekend!  Parker & I had a wonderful weekend!  He came to Chapel Hill on Friday night for the UNC v. Barton exhibition game and we had a blast.  Parker graduated from Barton in December of 2008, and they won the Division II National Championship in 2007, and I graduated from UNC in May of 2010 and we won the Division I National Championship in 2009.  He decided to wear his national championship shirt... so I had to wear mine!  We are a competitive couple - what can I say? haha
Let's just say that Carolina won big.  Ironically, the same night, our high school football teams played each other, and the South Central Falcons (my high school) beat DH Conley Vikings (Parker's high school).  It was a tough night for Parker.  Haha!

Quick story - When we were in high school, Parker and I made a bet on the South Central v. Conley game my sophomore/his senior year.  If Conley won, I had to clean out and wash his truck (at the time, a 1990 Chevy K-5 Blazer), but if South Central won, he had to plan a surprise romantic date night.  A few weeks later, he fixed a candlelight dinner and we started our Christmas Light Tour tradition. :)  Yay Falcons! (I just read what I wrote about the tradition in a previous post, and it was almost exactly the same as what I wrote here... at least I know that I'm consistent in my storytelling)

ANYWAYS...

On Saturday, we moved my beloved bookcase and all my books to the condo.  Although I miss my books and hate the big empty space in my apartment, I love the addition to the condo.

We also went to the first half of the ECU v. Navy game, also known as the biggest embarrassment in ECU's history.  It started raining at halftime, so we left, and thank goodness we did, because ECU ended up losing 76-35.  WHOA... talk about a butt-whoopin!  Carolina had a big win against Florida State though, so the weekend wasn't a total disappointment in the football sphere.

Sunday, we went to church - and I just want to say that I LOVE our Sunday school class.  The switch to a new class was a great decision.  We really enjoy being with couples like us - i.e. recently married, seriously dating, or beginning to have children.  It is so refreshing!  I know that we are making some long-time friendships with these folks and I feel really good about it!

I am so excited about this coming weekend!  Weston's baseball team will be playing in the Top Gun World Series!!  We recently found out that his team is ranked #4 in the state!  Go Warriors!

laura ann

No comments: