Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve

I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful Christmas!  I have so much catching up to do, so I'll start with what we did first...

Parker & I spent time with his family on Christmas Eve Eve.  We had a delicious dinner with his parents, two brothers and their wives, and our niece & nephew.  It was a lot of fun.  With Candice & Jacob and Parker & I are trying to fit his & her family traditions together, and Martha Lynn & Preston adjusting their usual holiday schedule after the recent death of her father, we've had a tough time meshing our traditions in a way that works for all of us.  So this year, it was Christmas Eve Eve and it was a great way to kick off Christmas celebrations.


Can I just say that I love having Abi & Cody around?  It is so fun to hang out with them!


Each year I make some of the gifts that I give.  This year I decided to make aprons for Mrs. Lydia, Martha Lynn, and Candice.  My sweet friend Katherine made me one for my birthday a few years ago and I copied her pattern to make the others.  Are they not stinkin cute?

They took me way too long to make, but I'm pretty proud of them!  I have already vowed to myself & to Parker that next year I won't get any big ideas.... or at least I won't carry them out.  :)

So that was Christmas Eve Eve for us.  Coming up next is Christmas Eve!
laura ann

No comments: